Overloaded Electrical Outlets
An overloaded outlet can get hot enough to burn through wires and start an electrical fire.
Signs of Overloaded Circuits
- Humming or buzzing sounds
- Smoke coming for the outlets
- Dimming Lights
- Burning Smells
- Frequently flipped circuit breakers
- Warm or discolored wall plates
You will simply want to disconnect some of the plugs, find a different outlet to use and flip the breakers back on.
Older homes are often not equipped with enough outlets to power all of your devices. You may want to add more outlets which is a great idea but it may overload your circuit breaker. You may have to install a new circuit controlled by a new breaker.
SERVPRO of Lapeer is equipped to handle any size fire at your residential or commercial residence.
if disaster should ever strike, let the experts at SERVPRO of Lapeer handle it.